Hi folks, I am starting to do some planning for the possibility of running indoor ultimate this year. Whether DUC runs this or not depends on a lot, but lets assume that things improve even slightly over what we have now. Some of the things I am looking into are:
- playing 3 weeks in a 4 team cohort and then having 1 week off, which is 13 days of isolation, so teams could possibly switch cohorts.
- Only using 2 fields on Sunday
- Staggered start times
- I have requested that the dome open a separate exit door.
- I have requested extra sanitation stations in the dome
- I have requested that the dome control the entry point to make sure that only players can enter and players must hand in a screening survey upon entry
- The dome has already told me that they have improved their air filtration system
- We would also use the game play modifications we are currently using in the summer cohort league.
If you have some other suggestions please feel free to send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Captains, start the discussion with your players to find out where people stand. Obviously we have a long time until October. I am sure most of you will be waiting to see what happens when the schools open up.
Enjoy the rest of your summer!
p.s. if you are playing in the summer cohort league please purchase your membership asap. Please also read the information about the league by clicking on the big green button at the top of the homepage.